Well, it seems the luck was with me for once in this year. One of the classic thing people always tell you about London is the rainy weather, but for the last extended weekend, we had the possibility to explore London under the splendid sun of Great Britain. Yep, it was my first trip to the United Kingdom and it fancied me a lot. But sorry – Barcelona had already conquered my heart and nothing can beat the capital of Catalan.
- lodging: Generator Hostel (close to King’s Cross St. Pancras Station)
- duration: 3 days
- cash: 400 pounds (incl. food, shopping)
- buy the oyster card (very useful and cheaper when you use the public transport)
- 2 Guinness beer (order the normal one, and not the extra cold one!)
- get your fish and chips at Poppie’s in Camden
After our arrival on Thursday we’ve spent some time in Camden. It’s a great district for sneaking through shops which offers little gifts and there are several stands, which offer delicious street food for a good deal.
On Friday we did the basic tourist tour like you know: visiting the Buckhingham Palace, taking a look by far distance at the London Eye, Big Ben, London Bridge, Tower of London and the Trafalgar Square in the evening. We had walked approximately 50 km on this day. The next day, Saturday, we’ve headed in slow motion trough London, because my feet hurt so bad from our 33 000 yrds of walking on Friday. So my colleague has to embrace herself and visit „Tate- the Gallery of Modern Arts“ with me. I guess it’s a horrendously thing for someone who isn’t into art at all.
Of course I’ve spent some time with shopping, guys – I was a bit scared, that my luggage might be overweight when I check in for our back flight(18 kg! haha!). Below I’ve listed a few shops, where you should definitively drop in. Remember, Switzerland’s offer of fashion shops is very poor, so we Swiss girls love to shop abroad.
- Oxford Street: Forever21, Urban Outfitters, Miss Selfridge, New Look, River Island, Topshop, Pull&Bear and Bershka- any girl dreams left?
- Picadilly Circus: The Sting
- Camden: Vans, Urban Outfitters, Rokit (Vintage Wear)
- Tottenham Court: Paperchase – the place to be, if you love stationery stuff.
Nike: Sneakers (Nike Blazer)
Brandy Melville: jumper
The Sting: shades